Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Seattle Marathon

Greetings from the sweat shop of Safe Ride News! (Photo of our work table)

I just left the office feeling like I'd run a Marathon.  I call our bi-annual race to finish the LATCH Manual  my "Seattle Marathon" (the real one was run just last weekend).  We found the race course had an unexpected, steep up-hill grade in the last mile -- a tether-related recall from GM and a proposed rulemaking notice from NHTSA that just might someday have an impact on LATCH anchor weights, both announced just a week ago.  We managed to make it to the finish line with a last-minute surge of extra energy fueled by lattes from the nearest independent coffee shop.

I know Nancy, Denise, and the rest of our team, Linda, Nancy L, Katrina, as well as Steven, Sally, and Molly (our mas-cat) are equally tired and happy that the manual is now headed for the printer, right on time.  I hand-carry it down there first thing in the morning, December 1.

The exhilaration hasn't quite hit me yet—probably tomorrow.  Tonight, I'm just content to curl up with a book (fiction)  and some herb tea.  I doubt I'll stay up very late.

Hoping you all had a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving and that you will enjoy the coming holiday season.

Stay tuned -- you blog readers will be the very first to learn the new color, when the first shipment of books reaches us in a few weeks.

Deborah

P.S. The photo contains a hint about the color!

No comments:

Post a Comment