Saturday, September 5, 2009

KIM conference was good-DDS

Hi there,
My head is still spinning from a fascinating Kidz in Motion conference in Fort Worth. I heard that the preemie pre-conference was excellent. I couldn't get there because I was finishing the School Bus Safety Handbook, but I know the speakers were top-notch and the information was balanced right on the cutting edge.

Sessions on recycling CRs to keep them out of landfills, how to set up a "fee-for-service" CR education service for parents who are willing to pay for one-on-one attention, and news of several revolutionary products were a few of the highlights.

The next issue of Safe Ride News will include details on the preemie session and a number of other workshops, as well as the latest product updates from the ABC juvenile products show coming up in Las Vegas next week.

Fort Worth was lots of fun, the food was good, and the hotel was very comfortable. The conference will be there again next summer -- maybe I'll see you there.

Now I'm headed to Colorado for a vacation—something really different from hours at the keyboard, helping to harvest my brother's crop of organic peaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment